- Involvement in the total operation with willingness to help in all areas as needed, including dining room, outdoor/indoor activities, children with problems, daily assembly, etc.
- General maintenance of all Salvation Army property including parking lot areas; General building upkeep.
- Receiving of all deliveries and ensuring that they are securely packed and covered in Storage room.
- After packing away delivered items in pantry and storage area, make sure that all spills are swept and mopped.
- Perform minor repairs such as ceiling, tile changing, stopping of leaks wherever required, etc.
- Clean and maintain in front of building by keeping area clean at all times.
- Order supplies given in written form to the Corps Officer for approval, who then passes it on for the Secretary to complete.
- Lounge Area & Arts/Craft Room– Empty, wash & disinfect garbage cans; Sweep and mop floor; Wipe off counters, sink, refrigerator, etc.
- Front of Building (Riverdale Avenue) – Sweep, etc. and keep clear of litter and trash, glass, etc.; Remove snow and ice, when necessary.
- Other – Wash and disinfect all bathrooms (bowls, basins, floors, fixtures); Sweep halls, offices, gym. Empty and return waste baskets; Wash slop sink; Replace light bulbs when necessary; Check all doors and windows; Dust around and in all aforementioned areas.; Vacuum carpets daily;
- Outdoor Play Area (Patio) – Clean up snow and debris, as necessary; Empty trash baskets; Cut hedges and weeds, etc.; Water planets, etc.; Hose down area as needed.
- Mop floors of offices, hallways, Lounge, Craft Room, Gym, etc.; Move furniture as necessary; Change water frequently when mopping floors; Reset rooms as necessary.
- Chapel: (Mondays & Fridays) –Very important that his be kept in tip top shape: Vacuum carpet; Dust chairs, altar, piano, etc. (use polish as needed); Arrange books & bookshelves neatly.
- Hallways & Activity Rooms – Wash and disinfect all trash cans; Wash and buff all floors; Wash baseboards.
- Outdoor – Hose down front entrances when weather permits.
- Other – Wash and disinfect bathroom walls and tiles; Mop entrances and vestibule.
- Wash floors in offices; Wash baseboards in offices; Spot check and wipe walls; Wash light domes or bulbs, as needed; Wash and disinfect mop heads (hang to dry spreading strand); Clean up utility rooms and closets; sweep and hose down boiler room; Wash windows and blinds as needed (inside & outside).
- Every three or four months, strip floors of wax, alternate rooms to fit schedule; Treatment of gymnasium and chapel floors as needed; Be willing to assist with outside agencies use of facilities; Perform other tasks as per administrator’s specific instructions, to maintain a healthy, sanitary, hazard free environment in the Corps Community Center.
- Assist the overall facilitation of The Salvation Army’s operations, as directed by the Corps Officer.
- Assist with driving & seasonal efforts as needed, especially in Winter & Summer Months
- Assist with deliveries, as needed
- Be available for snow removal at all times (including “off-hours”) during winter months, with specific directives issued by Corps Commanding Officers at the start of the season
- Be available to be on-site for special events and rentals, with at least 2 weeks advance notification
- High School Diploma required
- Five to ten years work experience in various handyman/odd jobs.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and experience driving 12-passenger van
- Must be able to work independently, while being strictly supervised
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more
- Must pass all background checks (City, State & Internal)
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed