- To provide a clean and healthy atmosphere to those attending, visiting, and seeking assistance from The Salvation Army.
- To clean, organize, and maintain the corps building.
- Cleaning and maintaining all areas of the building.
- Dusting throughout the building.
- Sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming on a regular basis.
- Provide more advanced floor care as needed.
- Gathering garbage and recycling around the building.
- Stocking janitorial supplies
- Help organize and clean specialized spaces during the year
- To build sets and props for Theatre 315 productions.
- To maintain standards and paperwork to meet city codes and certifications in regards to the facility.
- To host all outside rental groups, and take responsibility for setup as needed
- Notify corps officer when cleaning supplies, toiletry, and paper goods need to be reordered.
- Notify corps officer of property in need of repair, purchasing supplies, and performing the repairs as able.
- This includes electrical, dance flooring, technical equipment
- Plus general facility elements, such as walls, plumbing, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Set up rooms for corps programs and events as requested
- Work with fellow ministry team members to keep the corps building clean and safe.
- Proper organization and storage of corps property, observing fire safety laws.
- Attend staff meetings as requested and required.
- Be consistent in reporting to work on time. Provide proper notification when late or absent.
- All vacation and time-off must be approved by corps officers; no vacation may be taken between Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Assist Corps Officers with other tasks and assignments as given by them, as part of the Corps Ministry team.
- Make the most of every opportunity to minister, pray, and present the gospel of Jesus Christ to those in your sphere of influence.
- Confidentiality is essential for this position. Breaching said confidentiality will result in immediate termination of service without further warning.
- You must be able to represent The Salvation Army’s spiritual ministry and social mission in all spheres of influence.
- You must perform all duties in compliance with Salvation Army policies and regulations.
- It is understood that as a non-ordained ministry position, that any communications made in confidence to you as Housekeeper are not considered “privileged” under the law. It may be necessary that information given in confidence would be required to be shared in legal proceedings. Therefore, this fact must be shared with those who share information in confidence with you.
- It should be noted that the above duties are the essential functions of the position, but other duties necessary to the overall enhancement of Salvation Army service may be required.
- Relevant work experience in property management.
- Certifications related property management would be beneficial.
- Must have knowledge of general repair and maintenance work
- Commitment to evangelical Christian outreach
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed