- To invest in the lives of children and teens, developing and maintaining relational ministry opportunities.
- To create affordable programming otherwise unavailable to disadvantaged and at-risk children, particularly in Christian education and the creative arts.
- To conduct an ongoing and aggressive evangelical ministry with the specific purpose of introducing children to Jesus Christ.
- To provide an environment in which children can grow and mature in faith and holiness.
- Make the most of every opportunity to minister, pray, and present the gospel of Jesus Christ to those in your sphere of influence.
- Participate in the development and implementation of innovative Christian education and creative arts programs for children and teens.
- Lead/teach/participate in various children’s programs on Sunday.
- Identify community needs & new ministry ventures in order to evaluate current programs and to design new and relevant Corps programs.
- Develop and maintain programs and ministries to enhance the healthy spiritual, physical, and emotional development of those under your influence.
- Reach out to the community to bring new families/members into the Corps, maintaining a minimum number of 15 children/teens on Sunday mornings
- Develop and maintain contacts with children at local campuses and schools where such contact is permitted.
- Ensure appropriate integration of all children in after-school activities into the Corps congregation.
- Recruit, supervise, and train volunteers to assist with youth programs as needed.
- Supervise and train youth ministry associates and assistants.
- Organize and maintain proper files and statistics on all program participants and volunteers.
- Assist Corps Officers with other tasks and assignments as given by them, as part of the Corps Ministry team, particularly with the Christmas effort.
- You must be able to represent The Salvation Army’s spiritual ministry and social mission in all spheres of influence.
- You must perform all duties in compliance with Salvation Army policies and regulations.
- Confidentiality is essential for this position. Breaching said confidentiality will result in immediate termination of service without further warning.
- It is understood that as a non-ordained ministry position, that any communications made in confidence to you as Director of Youth Ministry are not considered “privileged” under the law. It may be necessary that information given in confidence would be required to be shared in legal proceedings. Therefore, this fact must be shared with those who share information in confidence with you.
- It should be noted that the above duties are the essential functions of the position, but other duties necessary to the overall enhancement of Salvation Army service may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience in the youth ministry, and developing programming.
- Commitment to evangelical Christian outreach
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed