Position: Secretary/Case Worker
Location: Lewistown, PA Corps, 9 South Dorcas Street, Lewistown
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Part-Time; 20 hours per week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (9-12 and 1-3)
Reporting Relationship: Corps Officer
Salary and Grade: $9.25 per hour; 71 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
Position Overview: Intake of clients for financial assistance, assist with food bank operations. Responsible for coordinating foodbank orders and deliveries. Overall order of office procedure according to Salvation Army policy.
· Assist Corps Officers with collection and compilation of monthly statistics for required reporting system.
· Assist with correspondence, mailings and other activities related to the operation of the Corps Offices.
· Work with the Corps Officers on building needs, Mail Appeals, Record Keeping, Advertising/Public Relations, Inventories, and other needs as necessary for effective Corps operation.
· Attend and participate in all inter-agency meetings, staff meetings, training sessions, workshops/conferences and other related meetings as requested.
· Work cooperatively and in a professional manner with the Corps Officers, Volunteers, Clients and all members of the Public with whom the employee may come into contact while performing the duties of this position.
· Oversees completion of all casework for clients.
· Makes decisions on approval or denial of assistance requests.
· Prepares casework and submits all required payment for weekly transmittal
· Oversees reports and referrals to other assistance agencies.
· Oversees Food Pantry operations of inventories and ordering of food.
· Completes applications, records, reports, invoices, etc. for outside funding programs including State Food Purchase Program, Emergency Food and Shelter Program and any other agencies with which The Salvation Army partners.
· Complete all duties in a manner that is timely and accurate while maintaining the highest level of Confidentiality for all information regarding the Clients, Programs, and Operation of The Salvation Army.
· Perform any other related duties as assigned.
· These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and the employee’s skills, this job description may be adjusted at the discretion of the Corps Officer. Changes will only be made after consultation with the employee and with the
approval of the Divisional Human Resources Director. All changes in job description will be provided to the employee for review and signature.
High School diploma or Equivalent (Associates degree in Human Services preferred). Good verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel (with ability to learn related Computer Programs). A minimum of one year successful office work experience in related field, experience in Human Services preferred. Good organizational skills and the ability to keep information in a confidential manner. The ability to work pleasantly and compassionately with all types of people. The ability to perform multiple tasks and to facilitate efficient office function. Must have a desire to help others in need, with compassion, as well as an appreciation for and an understanding of the Mission of The Salvation Army. Child Protection Clearances PA Act 153 requires that all prospective employees complete the following clearance and background checks: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check.
Contact: Please submit your resume along with a cover letter including salary requirements to: http://careers-usesalvationarmy.icims.com No phone calls please
Released by the Divisional Human Resource Department on June 29, 2018
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination
Requisition No. 807