The Salvation Army is hiring! We are seeking individuals with a passion for helping others, and a desire to do the most good in their own community. We have a brand new full time opportunity for a Early Head Start Intake Worker. This individual will provide assistance and support to the Outreach and Enrollment Coordinator with marketing, enrollment, eligibility determination, recruitment, selection, and attendance for potential participants in the Early Head Start program.
The Salvation Army offers a truly excellent benefits package to eligible employees, including:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· High School Diploma or Equivalent and coursework in Early Childhood Education is required
· Child Development Associates (CDA) Credential is preferred
· Two years’ experience working with children 6 weeks to 5 years of age, preferably in a day care setting
· Ability to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification
· Must have attention to detail, be highly organized, and be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of disability status, veteran status, or any other New York State or federally protected characteristic.