The Salvation Army is hiring! We are seeking individuals with a passion for helping others, and a desire to do the most good in their own community. This Resident Manager position is scheduled for 20 hours total - 2 shifts per week. This individual will provide coverage including weekends and holidays; Responsible for the supervision of residents and the general management of the program; Ensures a safe, secure, comfortable, and supportive environment in a manner consistent with the philosophy, policies/procedures of the program and agency.
The Salvation Army offers a truly excellent benefits package to eligible part-time employees, including:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· More than one year of experience working with adolescents or young adults.
· Valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements is preferred.
· Ability to achieve and maintain CPR Certification
· Ability to diffuse crisis situations both within team settings and independently.
· Ability to document program events and carry out scheduled or spontaneous tasks
· Capable of applying all assigned training topics
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Position works primarily in a residential housing environment. Must be able to navigate stairs, lift up to 40 lbs. and complete required cleaning and maintenance tasks. Must be readily available and flexible to cover a variety of shifts. This role may at times require transporting participants in all weather conditions. In the office setting there is routine use of standard office equipment to include computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of disability status, veteran status, or any other New York State or federally protected characteristic.