TITLE: Pathway of Hope Case Manager (Easton, PA)
DEPARTMENT: Administration, The Salvation Army Lehigh Valley Area Services
WORK SITE: Easton, PA Corps, 1110 Northampton Street, Easton, PA
REPORTS TO: Lehigh Valley Area Coordinator
STATUS: Full Time
SCHEDULE: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
SALARY and GRADE: $15.00 per hour; 76 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Remitted Tuition Program
· Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
POSITION OVERVIEW: This position is responsible for providing all necessary case management services and referrals to families participating in Pathway of Hope Program in Easton, PA.
· Complete intake and assessment of potential Pathway of Hope participants
· Maintain a case record on each participant that includes assessments, a social history, action plan, progress notes, and other supporting documentation.
· Conduct casework responsibilities with participants in the home and in the office.
· Work with Corps Officer and Corps Pastoral Care Team to provide needed pastoral care for families
· Responsible for ensuring that program participants have access to mainstream health and social service programs such as TANF, Medicaid, State CHIP, SSI, Food Stamps, Work Force Investment Act, and Veteran’s Health care program.
· Assist participants to further enhance personal social support systems by becoming involved with community activities, their children’s schools, and with faith communities.
· Bachelor of Social Work Degree
· Computer Training and experience in Microsoft Excel, and Word.
· Hands-on experience in developing case records, doing case interviews, and case management.
· This position requires an ability to learn about community resources and to share that information with program participants.
· Must possess good interpersonal skills, and have a willingness to work with disadvantaged families and individuals.
· Valid PA Driver’s License with excellent driving record.
· Bilingual (English and Spanish) highly recommended in both verbal and written communication.
· Child Protection Clearances PA Act 153 requires that all prospective employees complete the following clearance and background checks: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check.
· Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
CONTACT: Please send or email your resume, along with a cover letter (demonstrating the ability to write well) to:
The Salvation Army
P.O. Box 147
Allentown, PA 18105-0147
Or if you may be interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter online.
Current Salvation Army Employees can apply online at http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com. Prospective employees can apply online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org
No telephone calls please.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on July 9, 2018
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 773