DEPARTMENT: Social Ministries, Anti-Human Trafficking
REPORTS TO: Anti-Human Trafficking Manager
SCHEDULE: Full-time. Must be able to respond 24/7 to human trafficking emergencies.
This position is responsible for providing rotating 24 hour emergency response, crisis intervention, long-term comprehensive case management.
• Support provision of emergency response and long term comprehensive care for domestic and LPR victims of sex and labor trafficking identified in by law enforcement, as a part of the court programming with juvenile and adult court justice systems, through social service or health providers, and other identified victims.
o Serving as an initial point of contact and emergency responder for victim services at The Salvation Army.
o Providing rotating 24 hour emergency response and comprehensive case management.
o Assessment immediate needs.
o Coordination with the Child Advocacy Center, law enforcement, Child Welfare, Juvenile Court, Off the Streets, Municipal Court, Probation Services and other systems and organizations to support the victim in leaving the trafficking situation and receiving needed services.
o Utilization of Salvation Army and other resources to ensure that the victim’s immediate needs are met, including safe temporary housing, clothing, food, medical care and mental health care.
o Development of a safety plan and a service plan in coordination with the victim.
o Provision of shelter-based/home-based case management to help the client achieve the goals outlined in the service plan. Although plans will vary based on individual needs, these activities may include but are not limited to permanent housing, legal assistance, working with law enforcement, employment, counseling, linkage to benefits.
o Maintenance of accurate and timely case notes.
o Timely completion of reports.
• Attend End Slavery Cincinnati meetings, as needed.
Southwest Ohio/Northeast Kentucky Division
• Support the development, implementation and participate in the Well and outreach programs. This includes research of evidence-based practices, assistance in program development, and participation in the implementation of the program.
• Participate in other service programming, as needed.
• Complete other tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work. Licensed Social Worker in the State of Ohio.
• Experience working with victims of human trafficking is preferred. Experience working with victims of other traumatic crimes, such as domestic violence or sexual assault is required.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain driving privileges per Salvation Army insurance standards.
• Willingness to uphold and support The Salvation Army’s mission and ministry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.