- Position Title
- Responsible to
- Education Requirements
High School Diploma
- Work Experience
- Other Qualifications
Problem solving capability
- Principal Functions
Responsible for the maintenance and security of The Salvation Army building
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep building clean and make minor repairs as needed.
- Responsible for the exterior areas of the Corps building, keeping them in clean, safe order. Empty butt cans, sweep sidewalks; remove snow on Corps property as needed. Try to keep all doorways clear and clean.
- Prepare all meeting rooms as requested for Salvation Army programming and outside use of rooms
- Maintain building equipment as directed
- Maintain, on a daily basis, those areas of the Corps Building that needs attention and cleaning:
Keep windows washed and free from clutter.
- Responsible for the security of the building, including the alarm system
- Alert Corps Commanding Officer to those items that need to be ordered to maintain the cleanliness of the building.
- Assist with pickups, including: children, adults, volunteers for Corps Programs and Activities, food, supplies and gift-in-kind, Seasonal Workers and War Cry sellers.
- Assist in the pick up donated bread items at various grocery and department stores.
- Remove all trash from the interior of the Corps Building and place in dumpster located in parking lot. Maintain area surrounding dumpster in a clean, orderly fashion, free of debris and litter.
- Assist Corps Commanding Officer in Holiday setup, distribution and cleanup.
- Keep store rooms containing supplies and food for Miracle Kitchen and food pantry in clean, orderly fashion.
- Receive donations at the Corps Building and take appropriate information for the file and thank you letter
- Coordinate the packing of bread items that are received daily for distribution to the needy in our Community.
- Assist Corps Commanding Officer with making Bank Deposits as needed.
- Be on call for emergencies as needed.
- Assist in other areas as needed and requested by Corps Commanding Officer.