- Involvement in the total program with willingness to help in all areas as needed, including dining room, outdoor/indoor activities, children with problems, daily assembly, etc.
- Promote observance of the moral and ethical code affecting children and staff.
- Responsible to complete Orientation Sessions and attend all parent meetings.
- Attend and contribute to Program Leadership Meetings.
- Help plan and conduct General Staff Meetings.
- Responsible for sharing with the Program Director and/or Corps Officers, all matters of mutual concern relating to the total welfare of the GAINS Program.
- Assists Program Director, in advancing the mission of The Salvation Army GAINS Program.
- Complete a Debrief at the end of the school year & summer camp session to include areas of concern for following program year.
- Responsible for the leadership and guidance of assigned children and your assigned staff.
- Assume responsibility for the health, cleanliness, good habits, welfare and happiness of all children and staff, but especially those under your direct supervision.
- Maintain a high level of interaction with children and staff; also be a constructive member of the Leadership contributing in every possible way to the health, harmony and happiness of the Brownsville Corps family.
- Coordinate daily assembly as assigned by the Program Director.
- Voice criticisms to the Program Directors first and respond positively to their directives, thereafter.
- Communicate with the Group Leader as soon as possible (in private), for actions of staff members that put the health and safety of children at risk. Report all incidents minor or major.
- Ability to communicate and work with groups of various ages and skill levels, and provide necessary instruction to children and/or staff.
- Ability to identify and physically respond appropriately and quickly to emergency situations, as needed.
- Responsible for the organization and administration of Dance program for children ages 5 -13.
- Assume responsibility for the all areas assigned, proper use of supplies, maintenance of inventory, requesting additional supplies as needed.
- Coordinate program(s) with other camp activities and plans. Offer assistance and support as needed.
- Submit to the camp office, weekly lesson plans for Dance Elective tracks, and prior to the beginning of each week of camp.
- Communicate with the Group Leader as soon as possible (in private), for actions of staff members that put the health and safety of campers at risk. Report all incidents minor or major.
- Ability to communicate and work with groups of various ages and skill levels, and provide necessary instruction to campers and/or staff.
- Physical ability to respond appropriately and quickly to situations requiring first aid.
- Cognitive and communicative abilities to plan and conduct activities that achieve camper development objectives.
- Ability to identify and respond to hazards.
- Must be able to assist campers and staff in emergencies.
- Organize, direct and instruct a dance & mime program geared to all ages, interest and abilities of the campers, both male and female. Display creativity and innovation in programming.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Some College preferred
- At least 2 Years’ Experience in Youth or Camp Programming and the ability to teach and enthuse others
- Leadership experience with peers and experience in leadership of organized programming
- Current CPR & First Aid Certifications
- Available to work part-time hours on School Days and full-time hours on Non-School Days (School Holidays & Summer)
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed