- Provides and ensures a safe, clean and normalized home-like environment at all times. Informs Program Coordinator of Physical Plant needs.
- Promptly informs the Program Coordinator/Assistant Program Coordinator of any serious incident or violations of resident and/or staff rights, per established policies.
- Development of A.D.L. (Activities of Daily Living) and ILS (Independent Living Skills) as it relates to residents.
- Maintains and submits timely and accurate records and reports regarding the development status, progress and other related information concerning the residents. This includes, but not limited to, daily goal data, monthly progress notes, summaries and other reports, as required.
- Implements treatment plans by providing training to resident in specific performances areas, including but not limited to activities of daily living, food planning and preparation, house and room maintenance, budgeting and money management, recreation and leisure time activities.
- Appropriately communicates to staff and supervisors, both verbally and in writing (i.e. incident reports, residence’s log book) pertinent residents and/or program issues, ensuring the continuity of care and efficient operation of the residence. Read residence log book daily.
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment meetings and regularly scheduled residents reviews, as required.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of each resident’s medical, psychological, cognitive and social needs and ensures that programming is appropriate to needs and treatment goals.
- Organizes assists, supervises and, when necessary, prepares meals for residents.
- Assumes responsibility for agency and/or resident funds personally assigned for purposes of making residents or program purchases.
- The essential functions for the job include, but are not limited to, the duties in the job description.
- High School graduate (College degree preferred) and at least one year of paid work experience in programs for the mentally retarded/developmentally disabled.
- Experience in community residence and/or Intermediate Care facility programs preferred.
- Has respect and consideration for the resident being served.
- NYS Driver’s License.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed