Under the direct supervision of the Fitness & Recreation Manager, the Recreation & Sports Performance Specialist will perform a variety of duties as assigned in the areas of direct customer care, specifically league management, individual and group sports performance training, health promotion activities; assist with building and leading a multiple levels of sports and recreation programs, by conducting research into programs design, development and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• On a regular basis, assess the need for creating new or continuing recreation and sports programs.
• As needed design recreation and sports programs that serve families, youth, and identified groups (i.e. disabled, elderly, troubled youth, etc.).
• Develop recreation and sports programs utilizing the Kroclogic model, including leagues, tournaments, camps, and clinics.
Staff Leadership and Supervision:
• Provide direction and instruction to fitness and recreation staff applicable to recreation and sports program operations.
• Monitor the work of program attendants assigned to recreation and sports section, and document performance as directed.
• Provide appropriate and timely feedback relative to staff’s baseline assessments and observed performance growth and development to Kroc Center Leadership Team.
• Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.