Reports to: Corps Officer
Schedule: Part Time (25 hours/week)
This position is responsible for Social Ministries at The Salvation Army of Lancaster and Fairfield County. Services performed by this position include assessing the basic needs of low income individuals and families, providing assistance in the form of food, financial assistance, vouchers for in kind items such as clothing and furniture, and linking participants to services that will help stabilize their crisis. This position will conduct registration for camp, seasonal programs and all stabilization courses offered by the Social Ministries program. This position will work in harmony with the Corps Commanding Officers to carry out The Salvation Army's mission and ministry.
1. Bachelor's Degree is social work or related field and 2 years of expierence in social work setting.
2. Strong communication skills
3. A love and compassion for people who come in needing assistance
4. Basic understanding of Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes a plus
5. Working with limited supervision to complete tasks in a timely and orderly fashion
6. A love for the ministry and mission of The Salvation Army
7. Willingness to work in a team based atmosphere
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.