Responsible toCorps Officers
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Minimum 1 year of custodial experience preferred
Other QualificationsValid driver’s license
Ability to work with little to no supervision
Clean and maintain all aspects of The Salvation Army building and surrounding grounds
Duties and Responsibilities
- Regular cleaning and sanitation of areas including restrooms, locker rooms, drinking fountains and kitchen.
- Provide routine cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and dusting of all interior building surfaces and furnishings.
- Daily removal of trash and recyclables.
- Regular cleaning and sweeping of exterior areas including sidewalks, paved areas, outside stairwells, trash area and emergency exits
- Provide furniture and equipment set-ups and take-downs in support of various programs and building uses.
- Maintain appropriate inventories of cleaning products, supplies and products such as paper towels, toilet paper, and soaps throughout the facility. As well as ensure adequate reserve of maintenance supplies.
- Maintain the appearance of the facilities and grounds including doors, windows, flooring, walls and furnishings.
- Maintain a record of room cleaning
- Monitor outside groups using the gymnasium
- Maintain the grounds including mowing, trimming, weeding, pruning, and snow removal
- Monitor drains on outside building and on top of building on a regular basis
- Store clothing donations in designated area (appropriate bins) for ARC truck pickup
- Provide minor and routine maintenance and repairs to building systems and grounds and keep records of the repairs
- Ensure all equipment is inspected on a weekly basis; report needs for the timely repair of all equipment
- Strip and wax floors twice a year and buff floors when necessary
- Change light bulbs inside and outside of the building when needed
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings as requested
- Assist with driving as needed, including food bank, donation pick-ups and kettles
- Ensure appropriate preventative and routine maintenance is performed
- Secure building at the end of the shift
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of the position.