Position: Assistant Thrift Store Manager
Department: Carlisle, PA Corps
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Part-Time; 25-29 hours per week
Reporting Relationship: Thrift Store Manager
Salary and Grade: $10.00 per hour; 71 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
Description of Position:
The Assistant Thrift Store Manager assists the Thrift Store Manager in the general operations of the thrift store. This includes processing donations, sorting, pricing, tagging, selecting and shelving, operating the cash register and other responsibilities as assigned. The ATSM will assist with bank deposits and reporting as required by The Salvation Army and will be responsible to keep the thrift store organized and clean at all times.
· Prepare merchandise for sale by pricing and tagging items and clothes.
· Assist the Manager in creating an attractive shopping environment, which includes neatly stacking, shelving, and hanging clothing garments and other donated goods.
· Work with the Manager to enforce pricing policies (one price/no haggle) and recommended strategies for sales promotions to maximize sales.
· Ensure the thrift store is always organized and clean, which includes sweeping, vacuuming, mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms, dusting shelves, washing windows, etc.
· Assist in the recruitment and training of thrift store and warehouse staff and volunteers.
· In the absence of the Thrift Store Manager, handles all bank deposits and necessary record keeping.
· HS diploma or GED equivalent. College degree a plus.
· Prior successful work experience in a retail setting a plus.
· Ability to handle a cash register and teach others how to handle one, which includes void transactions, discounts, tax exempt sales, etc)
· Excellent math/accounting skills and familiarity working with cash receipts.
· Must keep information in a confidential and secure manner.
· Must be self-motivated who can work in a constantly changing environment.
· Must be able to adhere to project and work deadlines.
· Child Protection Clearances PA Act 153 requires that all prospective employees complete the following clearance and background checks: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check.
· Must have an understanding and appreciation of the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: Please send, email or fax your resume along with a cover letter including salary requirements to:
The Salvation Army
20 E Pomfret Street, Carlisle, PA 17013
Or go to: http://careers-usesalvationarmy.icims.com
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on January 8, 2018
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 652