Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the Special Events & Rental Sales Manager and Lead Special
Events Coordinator in:
- Organizing and planning special events and birthday parties.
- Providing reports as requested.
- Assists with tasks related to departmental events including, but not limited to, data entry, creation and distribution of event invitations, shipping/transport of event related supplies, placing orders for event equipment and supplies from vendors, check-in of guests at events, handling guest reservations, event record keeping, and other tasks as assigned.
- Office work includes but is not limited to answering and returning phone calls, follow-up with inquiries, computer data entry, scanning and assistance with correspondence and event files.
- Assist the Marketing and Memberships Department in preparation and coordination for community events, meetings, fundraisers and member related functions.
- Assist with mailings for events, special promotions, letters, and “Thank You” acknowledgements to past renters.
- Research special projects as requested.
- Attend community outreach events and related events and fulfill assigned responsibilities as requested.
- Conduct follow-up surveys of past reservations and research event trends.
- Attend meetings as required and take minutes.
- Database and mailing list maintenance.
- Represent The Salvation Army’s spiritual ministry and social mission in the community at large.
- Perform other duties within the scope of the position.