The Salvation Army Eastern Territorial Headquarters has a new opportunity for a Safety Manager. This is a newly created position in which the successful individual will manage the current safety programs in addition to developing and maintaining new safety initiatives, with the goal of reducing risk to the territory’s workforce, property, and programming and to the general public on our premises.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Develop and maintain a territory-wide safety management/training initiative.
· Manage current safety programs including the Territorial Fleet Safety Program, coordinating with the TPA Loss Control Dept.
· Provide technical assistance to the field on matters of safety.
· Develop and maintain a territorial Safety-Concern Reporting Hotline.
· Develop and disseminate safety information to Commands on a regular basis.
· Oversee the internal investigation of accidents involving property and personnel (excluding auto).
· Maintain safety related records.
· Assist Commands with compliance to federal (i.e. OSHA, EPA, DOT etc.) state and local safety laws with training and assistance in the response to inspections.
· Assist the TPA Loss Control Dept. and the Commands in the coordination of loss control inspections and attend as appropriate.
· Assist Commands in the development of safety committees and personnel to help reduce risk of loss and increase safety.
· Coordinate the remediation of all imminent hazards as reported by the TPA Loss Control Dept.
· Work with the Risk Analyst to review claims data with the goal of identifying and remediating adverse safety trends.
· Advise and assist the Risk Management Secretary (and Assist. RMS) on other matters of safety and risk reduction as required.
· Bachelor's degree and three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certificate in Safety Management or related bachelor degree required
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and IBM Notes
· 30-Hour OSHA Training Certificate for General Industry or equivalent preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.