Reporting to the IT Director, the DevOps Lead Manager has responsibility for executing modern DevOps practices as identified for priority projects, initiatives and normal operations including support.
The successful individual will require strong skill and good working knowledge for the processes of Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and the design, configuration, integration and support of infrastructure systems in a modern DevOps environment. The individual must be fluent in processes supporting Agile Software Development and systems administration for Windows and Linux servers and workstations, firewalls, routers, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) or hybrid cloud security, Google Cloud (preferred) or AWS, and infrastructure as code using Terraform, Puppet (preferred) or Chef. The DevOps manager is expected to have experience with monitoring systems’ health and transaction integrity using modern tools such as Splunk.
The DevOps Manager is ultimately responsible for coordinating the deployment and overseeing maintenance of new application development along with traditional NetOps responsibilities for infrastructure architecture, network design, network build, and automated testing in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) setting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Lead a team through DevOps infrastructure projects to ensure proper scope definition, planning and assigning work activities, estimated work efforts, and growing staff
· Design, configure and secure Linux servers, compute instances or remote VMs
· Work with staff to automate the deployment and management of Windows servers and workstations working toward one click deployment and roll backs
· Proactively monitor production environments for on premise and cloud hosted solutions
· Be an overall DevOps team member to provide primary infrastructure support to application development and ensure the automated deployment of infrastructure
· B.S. in Computer Science or related field preferred
· Puppet preferred or Chef Certification, AWS or Google architect certification preferred
· 15+ years of experience as a senior or lead role in an enterprise network operations organization
· 10+ years of direct involvement with or support of SDLC teams
· 3+ years of experience working with cloud platforms, at a minimum one of Google, AWS or Microsoft Azure
· Demonstrated experience with automated virtualized servers and workstations configuration, deployment to Docker, scripted infrastructure using either Puppet (preferred)
· Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure
· Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling;
· Strong project management skills
· Demonstrated ability to manage and lead a team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.