The Salvation Army Eastern Territorial Headquarters has a Full-time opening for an Intermediate Data Analyst. This position provides intermediate to advanced level contributions to the design of logical models, development of physical models, script development, implementation, integration and support of in-house and cloud based databases, marts and warehouses. This team member opportunity primarily serves as support to the Lead Data Architect and other team members. This position is assigned to major projects for data and reports. They also serve as an advocate for data best practices, as applicable.
Additional responsibilities include database monitoring, tuning and integration endpoint development. Endpoints will be prepared for specified integrations from the data side for consumption from downstream systems. The Intermediate Data Analyst will participate in the preparation and maintenance of these endpoints but not necessarily for the integration itself.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Develop and implement data validation controls for Microsoft SQL Server SSIS scripts and transformations for processing source data (including all metadata)
· Develop data validation controls for the ETL process
· Support execution of volume and performance testing
· Communicate the issues behind Master Data Management (MDM)
· Practices for project documentation in relations to the ELT, data quality and data validation and data quality processes
· Agile/Scrum team involvement and cross team communications
· Exception log management for records that fail in the ETL process
· The role of data analysis in Tier 3 support
· Metric tracking for data validation and data quality checks: defects, defect counts, test results and test status
· Regression testing for complex ETL scripts
· Work closely with application developers, other data analysts and architects in the development, execution, and results of integrations, controls and data validations
· Proactively determine technical issues and solutions – how do metrics help?
· Issue management during the analysis or development in a project – tools used and communications with the team
· Support of a warehouse environment through the design, implementation and ongoing enhancement of data warehouse constructs within a SQL server environment
· Schemas to support a flexible and robust data model which is neutral with respect to the choice of data analysis approach and toolset
· Document warehouse data models from both logical and physical perspectives
· Implementation of models through table creation and maintenance in SQL Server
· Ad-hoc data requests/analysis, user support, etc
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related technology field or equivalent experience; Master’s degree in computer science preferred
· 5 years of programming experience in MS SQL Server using Transact SQL, SSRS, SSIS, Stored Procedures, SQL Scripting
· 5 years of data analysis, design, build and support experience in Software Development Life Cycle
· 2 years with ETL concepts and implementation
· 2 years supporting Data Warehouse structures, processing, and reports, implemented using MS SQL Server or other enterprise class solutions
· 5 years of experience in Windows Operating Systems
· Experience with MySQL, Linux, some coding in C# or Java is preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.