The Fitness & Recreation League Manager will forward the mission of The Salvation Army and Kroc Center by actively and responsibly providing leadership in all recreation programs and sports leagues. He/she will oversee and lead the fitness & recreation staff to provide a sustainable level of excellence in character, customer service, and activity execution. The manager must be able to actively engage in fitness instruction and recreation programs of various kinds.
1. Manage the day to day operations of recreation and sports league activities and programs, including planning/building activities and leagues, scheduling, promoting, and communicating internally and externally as assigned by Program Director.
2. Manage facility spaces used by the recreation and sports league activities and programs including scheduling, preparation, safety checks, and cleanliness as assigned by Program Director.
3. Teach fitness classes and conduct
sports clinics as needed and assigned
1. Bachelor’s Degree in the fitness, sports science, sports and recreation management. (Group fitness and/or Personal Training Certifications preferred)
2. Minimum of two years of successful administrative/management or leadership field experience in sports science, sports and recreation management.
3. Proven ability to actively teach children and adults, individuals and groups, specifically in the area of fitness, sports performance training, and a variety of team sports and individual sports.