- Provide spiritual leadership for The Salvation Army Dayton Kroc Center music ministry through the gifts of music, creative arts and administration.
- Develop, establish, and nurture a comprehensive music and creative arts institute incorporating opportunities within all aspects of TSA Kroc Center, including Sunday Worship.
- Oversee and direct the A/V techs that are working in the Sound Booth, during Sunday Morning Worship.
Leadership and Visioning: To give overall musical and creative arts leadership and vision to the children, youth, and families attending worship services, as well as all Kroc music programs in alignment with the mission of The Salvation Army.
- Work monthly with the Pastors/Officers and others in developing and refining the service and then communicate with those involved in the music program/ministry and A/V Techs.
- In conjunction with Pastors/Officers annually establish key ministry goals that align with vision and mission of TSA Dayton Kroc Center.
- Assist to develop and implement plans to achieve specific ministry goals.
- Technical direction of services
- Prepare media and technical plans for services
- Media - Easy Worship, song lyric and title screens, videos, music, etc.
- Technical Plans – Planning Center, tech sheets
- Regularly pray for the ministry and volunteer servants for whom you are responsible.
Teamwork and Equipping: To recruit, equip, and empower effective ministry teams for Sunday morning and/or week nights – praise band – for services, special events, community outreach, etc.
- In conjunction with the respective teams prayerfully recruit musicians and volunteers for participation in the music programs and A/V Worship Ministries
- Provide and conduct regularly scheduled rehearsals for musicians.
- Maintain operational knowledge of all AV equipment used during services, including sound, lighting, video, and computer equipment, and be prepared to operate as needed.
- Oversee set up equipment for worship services.
- Work with other ministry areas to develop and grow a coordinated music ministry as well as other event programming.
- Meet with respective departments, when appropriate, to effectively communicate, plan, coordinate, and develop ministry plans. Work in harmony with counterparts.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to various modifications as programming needs arise.
- Meet monthly with Officers/Pastors to pray, plan and coordinate.
- In conjunction with Territorial Headquarters, will work with the Kroc Center liaison for music (Derek Lance), developing brass, vocal, percussion and piano among Salvationists.
Special Events and Ministries: To develop special events and ministries which reach out to others and provide spiritual growth and positive community impact.
- In conjunction with appropriate departments will work with VBS team, Children’s Christmas and Easter programs or other special events.
- Teach music as part of a curriculum for Kroc Center.
- Teach theory as well as musicianship to participants of music based programs.
- Develop and oversee various music groups both in the church and the Kroc Center as directed by Corps Officer
Administration: To provide administrative oversight and aid in coordination of the worship services/ ministries/programs and regularly communicate with Corps Officer and Corps Council.
- Serve on Corps Council.
- Work with the Music Ministry Committee.
- Schedule & supervise A/V volunteers for worship services and rehearsals.
- Provide additional A/V support for other church-specific events.
- Provide input to A/V Specialist on equipment issues and recommendations for equipment changes or upgrades.
- Provide leadership for all musical ministries at the Kroc Center, including Worship Team.
- Communicate at least monthly to provide updates on upcoming plans and events.
- Control music inventory, maintaining all instruments, music and supplies within the music department.
- Provide regular updates for website postings.
- Coordinate and communicate all calendar events with administration, Kroc Department heads and Corps
- Submit monthly, appropriate and accurate statistical forms/information.
- Will assist with the Red Kettle program each November and December.
Spiritual Development: To provide a strong, biblical approach to the spiritual development of our congregation and Kroc community.
- Assist to develop musical leaders and co-leaders in spiritual ways – young to elderly.
- Promote and establish participation in spiritual creativity through music
- Maintain a ministry plan for this position
- Develop own spiritual growth plan.
- All other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Dayton Area Associate Kroc Center Administrator (Corps Officer).