The NJ Division of the Salvation Army, Newark Area Services department is seeking a AmeriCorps Program Manager. This position will provide supervision and administrative duties associated with the implementation of the AmeriCorps program including: program and financial management to ensure contract compliance, human resource management and training, site management, and Salvation Army policy procedure compliance. Within AmeriCorps responsibilities, oversee Member function of Westside after-school program.
1. Some positions require the use of personal or NAS vehicles on NAS business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for NAS business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized to drive a NAS vehicle or if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage.
2. Some positions will require the performance of other essential and marginal functions depending upon work location, assignment or shift.
3. Other duties as assigned.
1. Maintain existing relationships and contacts with other service agencies throughout Newark.
2. Site Supervisor for AmeriCorps members.
3. Oversee After School/Day Camp programs.
4. Travel to various locations throughout Essex County and NJ as requested in personal vehicle.
5. Ensure daily functioning of programs.
Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Management/Business or related
concentration or related experience.
Proficient working in the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
Strong managerial abilities.
Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills.
Must be able to produce written documents in the English language with clearly organized
Thoughts using proper sentence constructions, punctuation, and grammar.
Ability to work under pressure, meet cyclical deadlines, identify and resolve problems in a
timely manner, and to gather and analyze information skillfully.
Be able to clearly and persuasively, in both positive or negative situations, demonstrate
group presentation skills and conduct meetings.
Display willingness to make decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment and make timely
Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.