Work to ensure that the primary goal of all ministries conducted out of the Music and Creative Arts department are Christ centered, leading the program participants to a deeper relationship with Christ and aligns with our mission
- Promote the advancement of Salvation Army music and creative arts by:
- Oversee and give leadership to our music camps, summer conservatories, seminars and weekly music ministries
- Oversee the training of leaders within each corps on how to begin and then sustain a music and creative arts program on the local level
- Collaborate with local educational institutions throughout the division in hopes of exploring new avenues of ministry opportunities
- Develop goals for the corps and division related to music and creative arts ministries and work with the music and creative arts staff to meet these goals.
- Oversee the music and artistic ensembles and assign leadership to each of these groups.
- Oversee divisional music and creative arts events each year:
- Music & Creative Arts Camp
- Junior Music & Creative Arts Conservatory
- Senior Music & Creative Arts Conservatory
- Divisional Star Search
- Christmas Spectacular
- Oversee and give guidance to divisional participation in the following territorial events:
- Star Lake Musicamp
- NYSB All Stars
- Singing Stars
- Rose Bowl Participation
- Territorial Star Search
- Territorial Arts Ministry Conservatory
- Oversee and provide music and creative arts support for divisional events.
- Youth Councils
- Family Camp
- Good Friday Service
- Christmas Gala
- SET/FET Events
- Other events as requested
- Implement an outcome based measurement tool to determine the musical progress of those in our music programs
- Build relationships with the five Adult Rehabilitation Centers in the division in order to lend support related to music and creative arts when needed for events or ongoing ministry.
- Oversee and develop plans for travelling ministry opportunities for the divisional music and creative arts ensembles (ministry weekends, mission trips etc).
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the divisional music library and instrument resources
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the divisional creative arts resources and props involved in the program
- Develop a yearly calendar for creative arts and music ministries in coordination with the Secretary for Program
- Regularly visit corps throughout the division to monitor both the music and creative arts program and the effectiveness of the music and creative arts staff
- Serve on the faculty of Star Lake Musicamp or Territorial Arts Ministries Conservatory as requested
- Teach students in two corps during the week
- Oversee Music and Creative Arts department personnel and schedules
- Perform yearly performance evaluations for each music and creative arts staff member
- Create department budget and special events budgets for each event on the divisional music and creative arts calendar
- Statistical recording and monthly statistical review of creative arts and music programs
- Create any music and creative arts related reports required by DHQ administration
- Coordinate with development department any opportunities to raise funds needed for music and creative arts events or ministry opportunities.
- Responsible for the preparation of program-related logistics of the special events held within the division, such as: Communication to program participants Communication with all technical vendors Preparation of tech sheets Schedule and lead production meeting
- Responsible for coordination of all onsite program-related logistics, such as:
Running sound checks
Calling the technical elements of the show
Instruction to production assistants
Briefing program participants
- Participate in the development and creative process in planning special events
- Assist with specific projects and events as need.
- Work with the development department on annual fundraising events
- Be the divisional liaison to the territorial music department
- Be the divisional liaison to the territorial creative arts department
- Serve on a variety of divisional and territorial committees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a uniformed Salvationist in good standing
- Must be willing to actively soldier at a corps in the Greater New York Division
- Strong Christian testimony of faith and holiness as this is a ministry position
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven experience in Salvation Army creative arts and music programming and leadership
- Experience in supervising people and planning programs
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Strong computer skills
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed