Position: Youth Ministry Assistant
Department: Milton, PA Corps
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Part-Time, 20- 29 hours per week; varying hours based on scheduled events, evenings and weekends required.
Reporting Relationship: Corps Officer/Office Manager
Salary and Grade: $10.50 per hour; 72 Non-Exempt
Position Overview: The Youth Ministry Assistant is to support the Corps Officer with reaching out to youth in the community and assist the church in developing new youth programing, as well as meet with prospective youth in the community. Must have an understanding and appreciation for The Salvation Army Mission Statement. The Youth Ministry Assistant will be in charge of gathering volunteers for youth programs and will be the primary contact for youth leaders.
* Must be experienced in programming skills.
* Must possess management, organizational and creativity skills.
* Must possess basic office skills including use of basic software applications.
* Must possess a valid drivers’ license in good standing
* As a Mandated Reporter, candidate must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every three years thereafter. Meets the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check.
* Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: Please send or fax your resume along with a cover letter with salary expectation to:
The Salvation Army
Attn: Lt. Jennifer Burke or Mr. Joel Harris
30 Center Street
Milton, PA 17847
Or go to: Current Salvation Army Employees can apply online at http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com.
Prospective employees can apply online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org.
No phone calls please
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on October 23, 2017
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 621