The College for Officer Training is looking for a part-time Multimedia Assistant that will support the Information Technology Department and serve the CFOT Community with the setup and operation of audio visual equipment used in live events on campus and off-site meetings. Details of the setup and operation includes microphones, audio mixers, speakers, projectors, fast folds screens, tripod screens, video switchers, large displays and other audio visual equipment. The ideal candidate must provide excellent service and strive to exceed expectations when communicating with end users. Candidate must have the ability to understand the technical aspects of equipment in order to problem solve equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
Hours: Mon 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Tues 8:00am - 2:30 pm
Wed 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Thurs 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
Sun 9:00 am - 1:00 pm (2x per month)
(Schedule could be adjusted - May be required to work weekend & holidays for events)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensures flawless execution of live events through accurate and timely setup, operation and breakdown of basic audiovisual equipment.
· Inventories and maintains organization of all equipment; including cables, parts, switchers etc.,
· Immediately report lost or broken equipment or items needing replacement to the supervisor.
· Assist with equipment purchase/replacement by providing information and making recommendations.
· Performs routine checks to ensure that all equipment is working properly.
· Ensures all electrical cords are organized and taped down during setup.
· Maintain log of all equipment under care, including items that are out for repair.
· Transport, setup and re-pack video, sound and electronic equipment to various locations.
· Clean, maintain and update equipment, including software and batteries.
· Troubleshoot and resolve equipment and technical problems.
· May be called upon to operate equipment for clients during presentations/seminars.
· Assist with sound checks and/or classroom and event setup, i.e. Chapels, Worship Meetings, etc.
· Assist in the AV Booth for Lectures, Sunday Worship and other campus events.
· Provide assistance with recording of classes and lectures for campus broadcast.
· Assist in the development of training material for Microsoft Office products and other software products and applications.
· Assist in providing end-user application support via email, phone or on-site.
· May be required to research software products and applications that benefit CFOTUsers.
· Assist with diagnosing and troubleshooting software and application malfunction.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school and two years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
· Experience with audio visual lighting system.
· IT networking proficiency is a plus.
· Smartboard experience is preferred.
· Valid driver’s license and ability to drive CFOT vehicles.
If you may be interested in applying for this position please send resume and cover letter including desired salary to Sandra Heintz in Human Resources by the close of business Friday, October 27, 2017.
The Salvation Army College for Officer Training in Suffern, New York, purposes to develop men and women with the theological understanding, street-level skills and Salvationist spirit required to advance the mission of the Army expressed in its international statement.