General Accountant I
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
0 – 3 years
- Must be computer literate and have proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Must have a strong background in Accounting
- Ability to communicate well with others, written and verbally
- Highly Organized
- Primary responsibilities: Provide Accounting support for Special Projects, back-up for vacant positions, and serve as research assistant. Support transition to new systems and help define/update procedures for new systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Key role in the implementation of new systems, including, but not limited to: Shelby transition to Serenic, Credit Card Processing, Mail Appeal Vendor change
- Support, as needed, with Corporate Credit Card Review and Processing.
- Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Review of credit card transactions
- Follow up with credit card holders for needed information
- Report to supervisors regarding anomalies
- Generate reports from Smart data for accounting staff review related to coding
- Generate reports from Smart data for supervisors review for items requiring approval and/or further follow through.
- Develop a process that promotes timely review and processing of all credit card and cash transactions.
- Train co-workers on new reporting and review options in Smartdata
- Work with and alongside co-workers assigned to Smartdata responsibilities.
Learn Smartdata – including reporting optionsSupporting role for following duties:
- Become knowledgable of systems, including, but not limited to: EFT, Kroc Suite (as needed), Mail Appeal
- BBMS, Blackbaud, Serenic, Shelby, Lockbox Provider,
- Train on the basics of various staff positions to serve as back-up support.
- Prepare reports, as requested by supervisors
- Work with supervisor to implement new procedural systems, as needed.
- Serve as back-up to General Accountant for uploading budgets all DHQ funds into Serenic.
- Support the Fiscal Controller and Accounting Supervisor on project based assignments as needed including, but not limited to: Fiscal Closings, Consolidation, UFR, Audits, Budgets, Research projects.
- Learn Salvation Army Accounting, Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as directed to maintain the smooth operation of the Department.