Position TitleAfter School/Summer Enrichment Program Group Leader
Responsible toProgram Director/Site Coordinator
Education RequirementsHigh School diploma/College background preferred.
Work ExperienceAt least six (6) months of documented experience working with children
Other QualificationsMust be at least 18 years of age,
Principal FunctionsThe group leader serves as the primary supervisor to children ages 5-13, as they participate in program-scheduled activities. Share in assuring a high level of interest and enthusiasm for all children involved in the program. Promote team spirit and unity amongst their group, as well as deal with any minor disciplinary issues which may occur throughout the day. Encourage and direct children in following our daily schedule with positive attitudes, while also ensuring that all children feel included, regardless of any mental, physical, or social limitation they may have. Able to fully engage themselves in all program-related activities, events, and fieldtrips. Maintain EEC regulations regarding health and safety.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide interactive supervision and general child care during the hours of operation.
- Adhere to all instruction and direction given by Program Director, Site Coordinator, or Corps Officer.
- Facilitate a positive group dynamic which is all-inclusive and is anti-bully.
- Accompany group on weekly fieldtrips and outdoor events in an orderly fashion
- Maintain and keep on person at all times a binder of "vital program information" which will be provided by the program for attendance and emergency purposes.
- Participate in the service and cleanup of all meals provided by the program.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and modest appearance which is appropriate to the dally schedule of events being followed (ie. Appropriate footwear for athletics, bathing suit for swimming...etc).
- Be prepared to facilitate simple activities should inclement weather or other circumstances arise
- Document all injuries or serious incidents via program 'incident/Injury report' the day a situation occurs and maintain a group 'incident/injury log (located in binder)
- Be respectful and encouraging of the Christian values held by The Salvation Army.