Position: Assistant Teacher (2 positions available)
Department: Philadelphia Citadel Day Care/Youth Services (School Aged Care); 5830 Rising Sun Avenue
Availability of Position: Immediately
Schedule: Part Time 2:45PM - 6:30PM Monday - Friday
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Assistant Director
Salary and Grade: $12.10 per hour; 72 Non-Exempt
-Develop and implement lessons and activities for assigned group’s daily program with other staff team members and guidance of Directors.
- Maintain order in the classroom (behavioral management), helps youth with homework and teaches age- appropriate behaviors and social skills
- Maintains a developmentally appropriate environment that fosters children’s social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and physical development and that respects their dignity and their contribution.
- Good with kids
- High School Diploma or,
- Child Development Associate and 2 years of experience with children, or
- Bachelor’s in Education Preferred in process or completed.
- Child Protection Clearances PA Act 153 requires that all prospective employees complete the following clearance and background checks: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check.
-Must have an understanding and appreciation of The Salvation Army’s Mission.
Please e-mail your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com and submit your resume and cover letter online.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 602