Full-Time Infant/Toddler Teachers
Program Hours: 7:30am-5:30pm
Location: 26 Wales Street
Dorchester, MA 02124
An infant and toddler teacher will provide children with a nurturing, safe environment which fosters social, intellectual, physical and emotional growth through varied activities and learning experiences.
- Must be 21 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent and meet one of the following sets of requirements:
- Have successfully completed three credits in category Child Growth and Development and have nine months of work experience, three of which must be in caregiving to infants/toddlers, and one practicum; OR
- Have a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential; OR
- Have graduated from a two year high school vocational program in early childhood education, approved by the Department for both the education and experience requirement and have been evaluated and recommended by the program instructor.
- The following education may substitute for a portion of the required work experience:
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or related field of study may substitute for six months of the required experience; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree in unrelated field of study may substitute for three months of the required experience.
- For infant/toddler teachers, one continuing education unit (ten hours of instruction) in category Infant and Toddler Development, Care and Program Planning may substitute for three months of work experience.
Candidates must have EEC Infant Toddler Teacher certification, or be able to obtain certification upon hire.
Qualified candidates should sent their resume and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org