Position: Seasonal Development Associate
Department: Development, Greater Philadelphia, PA
Availability of Position: November 6, 2017 – January 12, 2018
Schedule: Full-Time; 35-40 hours per week (Weekdays, Weekends and Holidays as needed)
Reporting Relationship: Directly: Seasonal Services Manager Indirectly: Events & Volunteer Services Manager
Salary and Grade: $12.00 per hour; 73 Non-Exempt
The Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Description of Position:
· The Seasonal Development Associate will provide direct support to the Seasonal Services Manager, in addition to the Events & Volunteer Services Manager.
· Primary responsibilities include: scheduling donation bins drop-off/collections, driving (toy pick-up), meeting with corporate and individual donors, and also providing logistical and administrative support to the Development Department as required.
· Assist with the collection, sorting, and distribution of seasonal donations and/or other items.
· Assist with the planning and execution of all seasonal events and projects.
· Any other duty as assigned that falls within the range and scope of this position.
How to apply: If you may be interested in applying for this position please submit your resume and cover letter online by the close of business Friday, September 29, 2017.
No phone calls please.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on September 12, 2017.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army will not hire any applicant for employment if the criminal background check reveals a conviction (or a guilty plea or plea of nolo contendre) for any sexual or violent crime. This policy is intended to help ensure safety in Salvation Army workplaces.
Requisition No. 600