- WORKING WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE SALVATION ARMY and carrying out its functions, policies and procedures.
- To assist in the planning and execution of a program to provide day care for children which takes into account the educational, social, developmental and health needs of the group, as well as the individual child.
- To share responsibility for keeping equipment and material accessible and in good condition in order to encourage maximum constructive use by the children.
- To share responsibility for removing or reporting any damaged or hazardous equipment to the director or other designated person so that necessary action may be taken.
- To participate in planning and supervising an appropriate arrangement of classroom equipment and furniture designed to promote optimal program functioning.
- To participate in the overall planning for the best use of shared space in relation to the total center program.
- To assist in planning the use of community resources to enrich the educational content of the children’s program.
- To participate in discussions aimed at developing a program of sound educational goals appropriate to the age and developmental level of children which will enable them to make the most of future educational opportunities.
- To share with classroom associates their mutual knowledge and understanding of The Salvation Army and the community which their center serves.
- To promote his/her own personal growth and development through participation in regularly scheduled individual conferences, classroom group conferences and staff meetings.
- To share with other classroom personnel the performance of routine chores related to all areas of program.
- To participate, wherever feasible, in related training opportunities as these become available.
- To participate in objective discussions on his/her own professional performance in supervisory conferences with the group teacher and/or director.
- Adhering to the approved plan by which information concerning the children and program can be shared with the parents.
- Attending and participating in group parent meetings.
- Respecting the confidential nature of all information about parents and children.
- MAINTAINING GOOD WORKING RELATIONSHIPS AND OBJECTIVE ATTITIUDES WITH OTHER CENTER PERSONNEL.
- SHARING IN THE USE AND WRITING OR RECORDS, such as are required and necessary for the development of the program and for work with the individual child, the group and any student or volunteer may be assigned.
- OTHER RELATED DUTIES, as assigned, consistent with the above and including the fulfillment of full program responsibility for the group, in the absence of the group teacher.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be proficient in writing, reading and speaking English
- Certification as Child Development Associate required
- The Teacher Aide shall meet the requirements set by the Agency for Child Development and The Salvation Army.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed