- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into the facility.
- Patrol the facility along with the outside area to prevent and detects signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences in official forms.
- Call the police or fire department in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, residents, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Answer telephone calls and take messages when necessary.
- Warn residents of shelter rules infractions or violation and report them to the Shift Coordinator.
- Continually inspects the security system, equipment, and machinery to ensure that all are operational at all times and to detect evidence of tampering.
- Wears assigned uniform in a manner which exemplifies the image of a security office and is groomed in a proper manner, while on duty.
- Security Guard License
- Fire Guard Certificate of Fitness, (8 hours certificate, and 16 hours certificate).
- High School Diploma or GED is a must along with a minimum of two years experience working in a residential program serving the homeless or similar population.
- First Aid and CPR certified preferred but not necessary.
- Has respect and consideration for the population being served.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed