The New Jersey Division of the Salvation Army is seeking a full-time administrative assistant who will report the the Director of Planned Giving. This position assists the Director of Planned Giving in managing and processing requests, gift annuities, charitable trusts and other planned giving services. The Administrative Assistant for Planned Giving is a critical member of the Planned Giving Team and is responsible for coordinating all office and administrative activities of the department. This position requires the utmost confidentially, accuracy, computer skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
1. College background preferred or minimum of high school diploma and relevant professional experience.
2. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines; prioritizes tasks appropriately.
3. Strong proficiency in related technologies and use : Microsoft Office Programs, including willingness to learn and master Planned Giving software, DonorPerfect/Blackbaud systems and other as required.
4. Ability to work independently and manage office when Planned Giving staff members are not available.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, including: clear and concise oral and written skills, Superior phone manners and capability; service- orientated approach to donors, prospects, board members, general volunteers and staff.
6. Driver's License and use of vehicle required.
7. Ability to lift minimum of 25lbs.
8. Willingness to act in an " as needed" capacity for emergencies