Location: Marion, OH
Reports to: Corps Officers
Supervises: Volunteers (for food service program)
Part Time: 18 hours/week
Schedule: Monday & Thursday 2PM-8PM
4-6 hours/week as scheduled for non food prep duties
3rd Wednesday 10AM-2PM
Other times only as specifically requested.
Provides planning, preparation, service and clean-up for public & internal meals. Maintain orderly kitchen including cleaning, inventory, stock and record keeping. Provides contact, scheduling and supervision of volunteers for food service programs; to include oversight for rental or outside groups using kitchen facilities
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Good verbal and written communication skills.
3. A minimum of one year successful work experience in a supervisory or management position.
4. Good organizational skills and the ability to keep information in a confidential manner.
5.The ability to work pleasantly and compassionately with all types of people.
6. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
7. The ability to perform multiple tasks and to facilitate efficient kitchen and service functions.
8.Must have a disire to help others in need, with compassion, as well as an apprecation for and understanding of the mission of The Salvation Army.