Assist the Site Director with maintaining a structured, fun, and safe environment.
Assist with supervision on field trips and other outings.
Oversee a group of students assigned by Site Director.
Help students with homework
Encourage independent study by students
Make sure homework is checked.
Provide and project positive reinforcement to problem solving and encouragement during all program areas.
Set up displays of the student’s work to use in our reports for funders & parents to see what their child does while in our care.
Pick up participants from neighboring schools.
Do not leave class or group unattended AT ANY TIME.
Must have knowledge of the whereabouts of ALL students assigned to you at all times.
Attend staff & parent meetings.
Be punctual and notify Corps Officer and/or Site Director if going to be late or absent.
Follow all policies set forth by GAINS, DYCD, and DOH which includes the State of New York School Age Child Care Program.
Attend mandatory trainings and orientations.
Create Lesson Plans for students and their activities.
Be responsible for equipment/supplies used by and during programming.
Request supplies needed to help you meet the needs of your students and activities.
Make sure assigned classrooms and working areas are clean, neat, and organized at all times.
Provide input in the program to make it successful.
Treat students with respect- do not scream, degrade, insult, tease or physically abuse children. ENCOURAGE mutual respect.
Take part in all recreational and educational activities with students and help ensure a positive experience.
Report any incidents, illness, or injury to Site Director and/or Health Director
- Report all incidents, illness, or injury to Site Director
- Consistently reports to work on time and is ready to begin work at the start of the shift.
- Always provides proper notification when late absent.
- Demonstrates reliability when on-call. Available to work overtime when necessary (only non-Exempt employees).
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize priorities in organization of workflow.
- Able to perform duties independently, with minimal need of direct supervision.
- Maintain the confidentiality of clients, shelter/program, agency, and/or The Salvation Army
Reports to work well-groomed and in compliance with dress code.
Demonstrates the ability to interact in a positive and helpful manner with clients, visitors, contract staff, volunteer, and co-workers.
Reflects commitment to building a supportive work environment and maintains a positive attitude at the work place and towards job.
Projects a good image in dealing with the public and clients. Is willing to make an extra effort to help build a quality and caring shelter/program