- Mandated to attend all required training sessions/classes including staff and parent meetings.
- A team player, work for the advancement of the program.
- Meet with Site Director at least once a week concerning progress of students (problems, concerns or any success stories).
- Provide tutoring and homework assistance. Encourage independent study. Provide and project positive reinforcement to problem solving.
- Treat students with respect-do not scream, degrade, insult, tease or physically abuse children. ENCOURAGE mutual respect.
- Accompany students on field trips
- Teach and discipline children according to Child Care Regulations. Must get the participation of students in the development and implementation of activities.
- Assist with all student performances.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of snacks/meals.
- Assist and help lead various group activities
- Plan and implement active and diverse gym program
- Follow and implement curriculum as provided by the program
- Assist with the general cleaning of all program areas
- Other responsibilities as the Director deems necessary
- The Salvation Army reserves the right to add to, delete, change or modify the job duties. Employee may be required to carry out other duties as assigned.
- Must be comfortable and adaptable to working with children and youth
- Must have a strong work ethic, and 2-3 years work experience with school-aged children (under 13 years of age).
- High School Diploma or its equivalent or an Associate Degree in child development or related field.
- First Aid and CPR (or willing to attain training to meet requirements.)
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed