- WORKING WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE SALVATION ARMY of the child care center and carrying out its functions, policies and procedures.
- ASSISTANT IN THE SUPERVISION OF A GIVEN GROUP OF CHILDREN
- To assist in the planning and execution of a program to provide child care for children which takes into account the educational, social, developmental and health needs of the group, as well as the individuals child.
- To share responsibility for keeping equipment and material accessible and in good condition in order to encourage maximum constructive use by the children.
- To share responsibility for removing or reporting any damaged or hazardous equipment to the director of other designated person so that necessary action may be taken.
- To share responsibility for planning and supervising an appropriate arrangement of classroom equipment and furniture designed to promote optimal program functioning.
- To assist in the overall planning for the best use of shared space in relation to the total center program.
- To assist in planning the use of community resources to enrich the educational content of the children’s program.
- To assist in developing a program of sound educational goals appropriate to the age and developmental level of children which will enable them to make the most of future educational opportunities.
- To share with classroom associates their mutual knowledge and understanding of the community and the sponsoring agency of which their center is a part.
- To promote his or her own professional growth of development through participation in regularly scheduled individual conferences, classroom group conferences, and staff meetings.
- To share with other classroom personnel the performance of routine chores related to all areas of the program.
- To participate, wherever feasible, in related training opportunities as these become available.
- To participate in objective discussions on his/her own professional performance in supervisory conferences with the group teacher and /or director.
- OTHER RELATED DUTIES, as assigned consistent with the above as well as other programmatic duties.
- The assistant teacher shall meet the requirements set by the Agency for Children Services (ACS).
- The Salvation Army (TSA) and Department of Health (DOH).
- 30 credits, 60 credits, BA in ECE or CDA