- Maintain a food service operation under the guidance of the site Director with the assistance of other kitchen staff
- Prepare meals from approved menus
- Work with kitchen staff to meet sanitation safety and nutritional standards as outlined by the State of New York.
- Coordinate kitchen staff for efficient running of kitchen
- Responsible to order food according to approved menus by County Nutritionist
- Keep daily records of food ordered, prepared and consumed.
- Take temperatures of foods served daily and summit to department of Senior Citizen Affairs monthly
- Kitchen manager is responsible for complete comprehensive monthly inventory. Monthly breakdown of total costs, inventory and cost per meal served.
- Summit monthly food cost inventory reports to Department of Senior Citizen Affairs
- Prepare vouchers for all kitchen expenses and submit to Bookkeeping Department
- Prepare attractive and nourishing foods to be served to participants in a friendly and courteous manner, utilizing standardized recipes according to nutritional guidelines.
- Purchase cleaning supplies and paper goods with the approval of manager and County
- Attend training sessions as assigned by sponsoring agency
- Cook Manager is responsible to Commanding Officer and Site Director to perform any additional assignments under their direction
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Complete Trade School for Cooking Apprenticeship
- 3 years Cooking experience
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed