- Supervise children during day camp.
- Lead activities and assist Program Director with implementation of daily program.
- Spending each day with campers.
- Directing campers during activities.
- Participate and encourage campers to have fun and participate in all activities.
- Lead organized activities as needed; such as, but are not limited to arts & crafts, singing, dance, and physical education.
- Be alert for matters that may affect camper safety.
- Build positive relationships with campers.
- Encourage positive camper behavior.
- Discipline unwanted/unruly camper behavior as needed.
- Set up and clean up camp facilities as required.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Camp Director or Program Director.
- Follow NYC DOH Regulations pertaining to Summer Day Camp Supervision.
- It should be noted that the above duties are the essential functions of the position, but other duties may be deemed necessary to the overall enhancement of The Salvation Army service may be required.
- Must have at least 1 year experience working with children.
- Desire and ability to work with children.
- Must be safety conscious.
- Must have the ability to work and relate well with individuals with varying needs
- Must be able to handle difficult situations/confrontations in a professional manner
- Must be self-motivated, demonstrate creativity and have a natural ability to work as a member of a professional team.
- Must have the ability to support, instruct, and utilize effective communication skills to connect with children, parents, staff, church leaders, volunteers, and members of other programs.
- Must possess an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed