- Evaluates each client’s need for nursing care on a periodic and continuing basis, and when appropriate provide such care under the supervision of Nursing Coordinator and QIDP.
- Provide direct nursing services to 8 individuals at the Centennial ICF
- Such services include control of communicable diseases and infection through identification and assessment, reporting to medical authorities, implementation of appropriate protective and preventive measures.
- Develops a written nursing plan for each client requiring nursing care as part of individuals program plan
- Reviews each client’s plan in terms of the clients’ daily needs at least quarterly, and more frequently for those with an acute or chronic condition requiring treatment or surveillance by a physician or other health professional.
- In-service training for staff as necessary.
- Monitors the effects of medication and make periodic checks to assure that clients are taking medications as prescribed, the prescriptions are taken as necessary and outdated and discontinued drugs are disposed properly.
- Make periodic (Quarterly) checks to ensure that clients are maintaining an adequate level of personal hygiene.
- Secure the services of the clients’ physician for illness or injury and for continuing and preventive health services.
- Make notations in client records regarding significant changes
- Arranges all medical, dental appointments and hospital admissions.
- Promptly informs Program Manager of any serious incident or violations of resident and staff rights per established policies.
- Participates as appropriate in the development, review and update of an Individual Program Plan as part of the Interdisciplinary Team process.
- Participates in pre-admission screening and evaluation of Consumers.
- Develops an initial nursing assessment within 24 hours of placement at a facility
- Develops a Nursing Service Plan based on a Nursing Assessment, Physical Exam Report, Evaluation of Consumers Ability to Self Medicate and ITT input, within 30 days of placement, and annually thereafter.
- Ensures that nursing care, as prescribed by the physician or as identified by individual needs, is carried out
- Participates in the development of discharge plans.
- Referrals to appropriate community resources based on the completed medical portion of the individuals plans.
- Register Nurse (25-HRS/WK)
- Licensed by NYS Dept. of Education
- Experience in community residence and/ nursing homes a plus
- RN with experience in knowledge of OPWDD
- NYS License to practice
- Administrative and Supervisory experience
- Certified AMAP and CPR training Certificates
- Computer literacy
- Has respect and consideration for the residents being served
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed