- Mandated to attend all required training sessions/classes including staff and parent meetings.
- Be a team player, work for the advancement of the program.
- Meet with Site Director at least once a week concerning progress of students (problems, concerns or any success stories).
- Provide tutoring and homework assistance. Encourage independent study. Provide and project positive reinforcement to problem solving.
- Treat students with respect-do not scream, degrade, insult, tease or physically abuse children. ENCOURAGE mutual respect.
- Accompany students on field trips
- Teach and discipline children according to Child Care Regulations. Must get the participation of students in the development and implementation of activities.
- Assist with all student performances.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of snacks/meals.
- Assist and help lead various group activities
- Plan and implement active and diverse gym program
- Follow and implement curriculum as provided by the program
- Assist with the general cleaning of all program areas
- Other responsibilities as the Director deems necessary
- Must be comfortable and adaptable to working with children and youth
- Must have strong work ethic, and 2-3 yrs work experience with school-aged children (under 13 years of age).
- Must have a High School Diploma or its equivalent or an Associates’ degree in child development or related field.
- First Aid and CPR (or willing to attain training to meet requirements.)