Seeking a Part Time Administrative Assistant/Food Service Coordinator on our Oneonta Corps Team
Our Part Time opportunities offer:
· Generous time off every year including 14 paid holidays, vacation time and sick time
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of continuous employment)
· Tax Deferred Annuity (403B)
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC, and Voluntary Term Life
· Christmas Bonus
· Wireless discount for Sprint or Verizon customers
· Free parking
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for general office duties and organize and carry out the food service activities, including, but not limited to, food pantry pick-up, organization, and distribution, The Emergency Food Assistance Program, gifts-in-kind, meal prep, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Answer and direct incoming phone calls and take messages as needed.
• Maintain all department files according to office procedures.
• Maintain an adequate Bring up file.
• Respond to donations with a thank you card.
• Prepare statistical information as requested.
• Schedule social services interviews as required.
• Pick up food donations for use in Salvation Army food pantry and programs.
• Following food safety standards, unload and store/stock all food donations.
• Maintain a clean, well-stocked choice food pantry.
• Document all refrigerator and freezer temps and notify Corps Officer of issues that may arise.
• Work with volunteer cooks for meal prep at the weekly Meal with a Message, as well as other
• Perform related duties, as assigned.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must be able to maintain client confidentiality in and out of work duties.
• Represent The Salvation Army whle on duty with a kind and helpful disposition.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Basic computer literacy.
• Cooking skills.
• Ability to work with a diverse population of people.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must have an understanding of, appreciation for, and support the Mission of The Salvation Army.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.