The Salvation Army’s Divisional Headquarters Service Extension Department is hiring a Senior Field Representative and offers excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
- Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
- Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
Location: Greater Boston
Pay Range: up to $55,000/year depending upon experience/qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications and/or business
- Minimum 2years experience in the non-profit community
- Experience in communications and/or success in fund raising
- Experience in recruiting/working with volunteers and/or volunteer groups
- 3-5 years’ experience supervising others
- Highly motivated
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Must be cleared to drive personal vehicle for business purposes
- Must be able to lift 30-40 lbs (kettle equipment, signs, etc.)
- Must be able to provide evidence of successful fund raising
- Ability to use MS Office including Excel, Access and PowerPoint
The Senior Field Representative will assist the Director in the training of new Field Representatives Liaison between The Salvation Army Service Extension Department and volunteers, businesses, donors, potential donors & volunteers, and persons in need in the area assigned.
- Assist the Director in the training and orientation of new Field Representatives
- Assist in trouble-shooting any issues/potential issues to bring about positive results including strengthening service units and increasing awareness of service unit volunteers across the division
- Provide feedback to the Director on the development of new field staff as well as additional input to enhance training and orientation as needed for performance evaluations.
- Assist in coaching new(er) field staff as directed/needed to improve skill sets necessary for growth and development.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers for assigned service units required.
- Submit required reports on time.
- Assist in the development of funding proposals, as requested
- Provide regular, weekly postings to the Department social media
- Attend staff, unit, community, and other meetings as needed
- Coordinate through service unit committees all fundraising programs; including kettles, letters to donors, special events, etc.
- Assist others and meet individual fundraising goals.
- Communicate with funding sources as needed
- Fulfill speaking engagements promoting the visibility of The Salvation Army programs and services.
- Provide educational and informational orientation to volunteers and donors as needed
- Take initiative to identify community needs and develop programs to address them.
- Perform emergency assistance tasks, i.e., services to clients, special projects and seasonal activities
- Perform office and clerical duties when necessary
- Is part of The Salvation Army Emergency Disaster work as requested
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The Salvation Army is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified job applicants, job candidates, and employees with disabilities to ensure they enjoy equal access to all employment opportunities and benefits of employment as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act. EEO is the Law.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.