Donor Relations Manager~New!
Outstanding Career Opportunity
The Salvation Army, Syracuse Area Services
Full-Time, Exempt with access to comprehensive Benefit Program
Agency Profile: Since 1898 The Salvation Army of the Syracuse Area has provided life changing services to Onondaga County residents. Over the years, The Salvation Army has evolved to meet the changing needs of our community, by developing innovative programs for children, families, teens and seniors. Today, we serve more than 38,000 people each year through 40 programs in 13 different locations in Onondaga County. Our Vision is to encourage and empower those in need to reach their full potential. Our Mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination. We treat each individual employee with dignity and respect, and encourage them to use their unique gifts and talents to enrich our community. We are strengthened by the compassion of our staff, donors, volunteers and community partners.
In "Doing the Most Good", we are committed to accountability, integrity, partnerships and innovation.
Position Overview: We are currently conducting a search for the newly created position of Donor Relations Manager (DRM). The "DRM" plays an integral role in the success of Syracuse Area Services fund development efforts. This achieved by specifically working with mid-level and major donors. Reporting to the Director of Development, the "DRM" is responsible for the overall management of a donor caseload. The Portfolio of donors and prospects assigned are within Onondaga County Territory. Acting as the primary contact for our Agency, the "DRM" will identify, cultivate, solicit, steward, and upgrade Mid-level prospects and donors. They will work as part of the Development Team and is the main point of contact at Community Events, Functions, and expected to network at such events.
Comprehensive Benefit Program: As one of the most comprehensive Benefit Programs in the area, The Salvation Army offers their employees access to the following:
• Will manage a caseload of 400-450 mid-level donors, following the prescribed communications plan that is specific to each donor with assistance from the Director of Development and Donor Services Director for the Divisional Headquarters.
• Works to move certain donors from Caseload to Director of Development (DOD) and Major Gifts Team out of Divisional Headquarters.
• Cultivates current donors as well as acquires new donors for The Salvation Army of Syracuse.
• Establishes new donors and new revenues for The Salvation Army of Syracuse.
• As part of the Development Team, works with Development Coordinator to ensure accurate and consistent donor database management and maintenance; including the collection donor, prospect information, and gift entry.
• Works with the "DOD" performing one-to-one solicitation, gift acknowledgement and stewardship communication, traveling as necessary throughout Onondaga County
• Works in close conjunction with Development Team & Divisional Headquarters ensuring collaboration between direct mail, foundation, corporate, and gift planning efforts.
• Assist the Director of Development with donor concerns and complaints via phone, letter, and email.
• Assist the Development Team with all Community and Networking Events including After Hours Events as needed.
• Grant writing as needed
• Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 3 years of related sales work experience.
• Proven expertise in building and maintaining positive relationships with diverse individuals.
• Should enjoy problem solving and should exude energy and initiative.
• A high level of comfort with direct donor interaction, including discussions of personal and family finances and asking for money is a must.
• Effective interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication abilities. A Team Player.
• Able to work independently in a complex environment, managing multiple projects and conflicting priorities.
• Demonstrate ability to set and achieve goals as well as meet deadlines.
• Proficient in Word and Excel, as well as experience with donor tracking and/or database software is preferred. For example, Salesforce.com
• Valid NYS Driver's License that meets The Salvation Army’s insurance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to providing a respectful environment for all applicants and employees that is free from unlawful discrimination or harassment based
on age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.