Seeking a Full Time Youth Ministries Coordinator on our Schenectady Citadel Team
Our Full Time opportunities offer:
· Generous time off every year including 14 paid holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time, and sick time
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of continuous employment)
· Comprehensive Health Care Coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays, and deductibles
· Company Paid Basic Term Life Insurance for Employee
· Long Term Disability Insurance
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC, and Voluntary Term Life
· Flexible Spending Account
· Eligibility for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program
· Tax Deferred Annuity (403B)
· Christmas Bonus
· Wireless discount for Sprint or Verizon customers
· Free parking
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Youth Ministries Coordinator will serve in a critical support role to the Corps Officer and in a leadership role. They will be intimately and integrally involved in the full ministry of the Corps Officers, including teaching, leading and preaching the Gospel message; outreach; organization; providing Spiritual direction and care of congregation members and visitors. The Youth Ministries Coordinator will engage as directed by the Corps Officer in leadership responsibilities and learning opportunities that will provide them with a well-rounded understanding and experience of the Youth Ministries responsibilities of Corps Officers operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Lead or assist the Corps Officer with the development, planning and implementation of various programs, including but not limited to:
o Social and evangelistic ministry programs
o Sunday School
o Character Building Programs such as Troops with the specific responsibilities for bridging students into evangelistic and discipleship ministries
o Creative Art Programs with the specific responsibilities for bridging students into evangelistic and discipleship ministries
o Teen and young adult programs
o Discipleship programs such as Corps Cadets and Junior soldiers
o Vacation Bible School
o Small Groups
• Lead or assist the Corps Officer in providing leadership at events including the promotion, registration, and transportation of events/activities
o Transportation could include driving to pick up donations, program participants, Sunday Worship, Divisional events, Youth Councils, Summer Camp Sessions, etc.
• Lead or assist in aspects of public relations events and campaigns as assigned by the Corps Officer, including but not limit to, the Back to School, the Christmas Kettle Campaign, the Angel Tree, and other fundraising events.
• Lead or assist with various worship, praise, prayer, and evangelism services such as teaching Sunday School classes, Corps Cadets, lead or assist with Teen bible studies, outreach programs, youth League of Mercy, etc.
• Provide spiritual support through building and maintaining relationships with Corps Youth.
• Develop a Spiritual Development Plan for all age children and teens in conjunction with the Corps Officer.
• Keep a timely and effective communication with parents.
• Coordinate all youth program record keeping, stats, and other related documentation.
• Assist with the delivery of social service assistance, including but not limited to administrative responsibilities: Advisory Board meetings, oversight of donations, program utilization and statistics.
• Assist as needed for general, daily Corps support needs and performs special projects as assigned by the Corps Officer.
• Travel with participants to Divisional Youth Events.
• Engage in various training, education, and development opportunities on all facets of the Youth Ministries
• Effectively communicate with various individuals including Corps Officers, Divisional Officers, Local Officers, soldiers, staff, clients, volunteers, donors, community leaders, etc.
• Serve as a resource and support for the evangelism and discipleship of youth and young adults for other Corps Leaders and Local Officers.
• Ensure the culture and activities of the Corps follow the tenets of Salvationist teaching by providing support and guidance to youth.
• Follow NYS guidelines for mandated reporting.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the Corps Officer.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be a Christian or uniformed Salvationist in good standing.
• Must uphold biblical standards in personal and professional life.
• Must conduct oneself in a manner which reflects positively on The Salvation Army, its leadership, and on the Lord Jesus.
• Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
• Must have a valid driver license.
• Must possess a good understanding of the youth culture to relate and build relationships with them.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.