Office & Operations Management
- Managing day to day operations of the general office for the corps and other programs as needed.
- Serve as liaison for vendors and building management.
- Serve as liaison with external (ACS, DOE, DOHMH, FDNY, DOB, etc.) and offsite DHQ personnel.
- Ensure that all departments maintain proper systems of recording, accounting, statistical reporting, and filling and safeguarding records.
- Assistant Corps Officer (s) as needed, general daily Corps Support needed and perform special projects.
- Coordinate all IT issues with Divisional IT Department, as necessary.
- Ensures that all inventories maintained with all programs and departments.
- Ensure that inventories are maintained of all equipment and program resources
- Handle all violations; follow up with the appropriate corrections and report to the proper department
- Answer and direct all calls professionally and correctly.
- Check voice mail daily and return phone calls promptly.
- Manage office mail.
- Monitor corps business income and expenses for different grants.
- Prepare and submit weekly financial reports to DHQ
- Prepare all check request and income reports for corps officer approval
- Issue purchase orders, keeping receipts or invoices for verification of expense.
- Handle petty cash funds in the absence of Corps Officer (s)
- Upon approval, purchasing items for which approved budget funds are available.
Human Resources & Risk Management
- Assist Corps Officer with all Human Resource Compliance matters
- Ensure that annual performance evaluations are conducted for all personnel, according to the assigned schedule
- Manage all risk management concerns and issues.
- Attend and contribute to Executive Leadership, Department Staff & General Staff Meetings
- Responsible for sharing with the Corps Commanding Officer (s), all matters of mutual concern relating to the total welfare of the Corps Program.
- Interact with Parent, Staff, and Participants as necessary.
- Participate in all external and divisional trainings required.
- Work collaboratively with administration and staff to develop, implement and improve administrative functions related to corps projects and activities.
- To promote and facilitate, in every way possible, the mission of The Salvation Army,
Property & Maintenance
- Assist with all property and maintenance matters of the building.
- Maintain and prepare building maintenance inspection and completion of all necessary documents
- Provide support to Social Ministries Coordinator, as needed
- Receive the public on behalf of the Salvation Army and assist by directing to appropriate areas.
- Provide support to the soup kitchen and food pantry as needed.
- Assist with public relations events and activities such as but not limited to the Red Kettle effort, under the direction of the Corps Officer (s), including recruiting potential employees.
- May be required to stand at a read kettle (bell ringer) two days per week during kettle Christmas season as needed.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
- The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
- essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Work is performed in an indoor and outdoor field environment, exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, and all types of weather and temperature conditions.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; to climb unusual heights on ladders; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight; to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.