Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
· Generous time off every year that includes paid holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time, and sick time
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Comprehensive Health Care Coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays, and deductibles
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans, including Short Term Disability, AFLAC, and Voluntary Term Life
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Remitted Tuition program
· Eligibility for the Federal Government's Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence assisting with emotional and practical support during the initial crisis stage and thereafter. The Counselor/Advocate will provide service in both the residential and non-residential program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provide comprehensive victim services, which will include:
o Assisting victims with setting and accomplishing short and long term goals
o Counseling - individual and group
o Follow up contact through in-person contacts, telephone contacts or written communications
• Personal advocacy services to assist victims in securing rights, remedies and services with other agencies or systems
• Criminal justice support and accompaniment, including assisting victims in the application of petitions for Family and Criminal Court.
• Crisis Hotline counseling
• Provide information and referrals
• Facilitating the weekly support group
• Assist with the filing of NYS Office of Victim Service compensation claims including making victims aware of the availability of the program.
• Maintain case records including intakes and billings.
• Transport and accompany clients to appointments.
• Fulfill the mandated NYS requirements by reporting suspected child abuse and
• Neglect and then providing pertinent information to the Director.
• Fill in staff schedule as needed to maintain 24 hour coverage of the Safehouse shelter.
• Accept on-call responsibilities as assigned being within a 30-minute response area.
• Attend community meetings and presentations as assigned representing the program in a professional manner.
• Assist as necessary to maintain the shelter in regulatory status; including food shopping and cleaning.
• Maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA Regulations.
• Accept other duties as assigned by the Safehouse Director.
• Accept any other duties as deemed necessary by the Commanding Officers.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must have a valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements.
• Must have computer/typing skills in order to complete statistics, maintain case files, and correspond via email communication.
• Must have good communication skills – both verbal and written.
• Must have an understanding of program needs and goals.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Software Powered by iCIMS