- Attend to calls regarding Social Services
- Respond to correspondence attending to Social Service
- Intake of application on new clients
- Update applications on clients monthly
- Prepare monthly statistics for Food Pantry
- Prepare grocery bags and distribute food bags to clients
- Take inventory of Food Pantry items and call in all orders – spending all HPNAP monies by deadline and being a good steward with resources when purchasing items not covered by grants.
- Stalk shelves for the food pantry.
- Receive donated food for pantry, sort, check and discard outdated/damaged items
- Coordinate and support any food drives organized for The Salvation Army Food Pantry.
- Act as volunteer coordinator for The Peekskill Salvation Army – recruit, process proper paperwork and screenings, monitor and record hours.
- Schedule and supervise Community Service workers as needed, keeping careful records and writing letters/reports as needed.
- Assist in the application process of Corps summer activities, such as campers for Star Lake Camp.
- Assist in aspects of public relations events and campaigns as assigned by the Corps Officer, including the Christmas Kettle Campaign.
- Assist and oversee as assigned all seasonal social service programs such as Christmas distribution, Community Cares, Back to School Distribution, etc.
- Oversee and ensure all aspects of Social Service Ministries is running smoothly, including Soup Kitchen, Food Pantry, Referral Services, Emergency Services, etc.
- Communicate to Commanding Officer any needs/concerns involving any Social Service aspect
- Organize and keep all files and records in order
- Answer phones and take messages in the main office, making referrals and providing information as needed.
- Organize, coordinate, and keep track of Corps Calendar for Social Services and Community Relations and notify Officers if conflict arise.
- Help coordinate timecards for all employees, making sure new ones are out each week, and collecting them to hand-in to Officers to ensure they are processed in time.
- Collect mail and distribute as directed by Corps Officers
- Make appointments/organize Contractors, utilities, deliveries, and maintenance of Salvation Army property coordinating and under supervision of the Commanding Corps Officers
- Candidate must have a high school diploma and a minimum of 5 years of experience in Social Service and Office administrative skills.
- Must have a positive work history.
- Must be responsible, respectful positive role model and be able to follow instructions.
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and others as required.
- Must be well-organized and prepared to be sensitive to individuals’ cases.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspect of the social service program, and well as overseeing and managing the office.
- Ability to speak Spanish is highly recommended and preferred.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed