Position: Wellness Director
Location/Dept.: The Salvation Army Kroc Center (SAKC), Philadelphia, PA
Schedule: Full Time
Reporting Relationship: General Manager
Salary: $70,000 –$78,000 Grade: 14 Status: Exempt
Are you seeking purpose and meaning in your day? Are you ready to take your leadership to the next level? If you want to use your experience to make a difference in the world, keep reading!
We are seeking leaders who are motivated to bring positive and wholistic change to the City of Philadelphia. At The Salvation Army Kroc Center, we are more than a fitness center (with an amazing pool.) We provide an amazing environment where everyone in the community can belong, grow, and thrive physically, mentally, and spiritually. We are a passionate team, who love and support one another so you have the opportunity to grow and thrive here too! This is a unique time at the Kroc Center as we form a new senior leadership team under our General Manager (GM). You have an opportunity to use your experience and skills to contribute at a high level on day one. If that gets you out of bed in the morning, read more about our needs and expectations. We can’t wait to meet you!
At the Kroc Center of Philadelphia, we are seeking a Wellness Director to join our team. This leadership position is integral to member engagement and retention, communication, developing plans, implementing of strategic goals, and maintaining community relationships. Under the direction of the General Manager, this position will oversee Membership, which includes Members Services, Aquatics, Fitness and Recreation. You will be leading and managing supervisors and team leaders.
• Provide oversight of activities directly related to wellness related programs and services offered to members and guests of the Kroc Center.
• Provide oversight and support of activities related to service delivery, program quality, ancillary program pricing and sales, and membership sales.
• Be actively involved in the development, implementation, and oversight of a variety of Wellness programs aimed at promoting health, fitness and overall well-being of all Center members and families.
• Be an active part of monitoring physical resources to provide recommendations for effective expense allocation and budget planning.
• In conjunction with GM, center leadership, and the Sales and Marketing function, play an active role in developing, implementing, and evaluating marketing strategies to achieve projected membership volume and growth and maintain existing membership of all Kroc service departments.
• Assume supervision of a variety of Wellness departments, as instructed by GM, and work with leaders of these departments to develop and implement staffing plans that provide for efficient and effective department operations.
• College degree in wellness and/or fitness, business, or related field. Master’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
• At least 3 years of general business and operations management experience, with responsibility for profit/loss, financial and human capital in the service sector, preferably in wellness and fitness center Ability to develop and implement ancillary programs and services (beyond membership) that meet the needs and expectations of both the center and the customer base.
• As a Mandated Reporter, must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every five (5) years thereafter.
• Meets the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record Check.
• Must understand and appreciate the mission of The Salvation Army.
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
Contact: Please send, fax or email your resume along with a cover letter with salary expectation to:
The Salvation Army Kroc Center, Human Resources Department
4200 Wissahickon Ave., Philadelphia, PA, 19129
Fax: (215) 558-1499
To apply for this position, go to- WellnessDirector(icims.com)
No phone calls please.
Released by the Kroc Center Human Resources Department 8/7/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.