Position: Business Director
Location/Dept.: The Salvation Army Kroc Center (SAKC), Philadelphia, PA
Schedule: Full Time
Reporting Relationship: General Manager
Salary: $70,000 –$78,000 Grade: 14 Status: Exempt
Are you seeking purpose and meaning in your day? Are you ready to take your leadership to the next level? If you want to use your experience to make a difference in the world, keep reading!
We are seeking leaders who are motivated to bring positive and wholistic change to the City of Philadelphia. At The Salvation Army Kroc Center, we are more than a fitness center (with an amazing pool.) We provide an amazing environment where everyone in the community can belong, grow and thrive physically, mentally and spiritually. We are a passionate team, who love and support one another so you have the opportunity to grow and thrive here too! This is a unique time at the Kroc Center as we form a new senior leadership team under our general manager. You have an opportunity to use your experience and skills to contribute at a high level on day one. If that gets you out of bed in the morning, read more about our needs and expectations. We can’t wait to meet you!
At the Kroc Center of Philadelphia, we are seeking a Business Director to join our team. This leadership position is integral to member engagement and retention, communication, developing plans, implementing of strategic goals, and maintaining community relationships. Under the direction of the General Manager, this position will oversee the Human Resources, Finance, Sales & Marketing (including Facility Rentals and Events), Graphic Design, Information Technology (IT) and Audio / Video (AV) departments.
• Provide oversight of the Business Operations areas that provide support for activities directly related to programs and services offered to members and guests of the Kroc Center.
• With GM, review financial statements, rental sales and human resource headcount activity reports, and other Business Operations performance data to measure objective program progress, offer recommendations in areas needing cost reduction and improvements.
• Assume supervision of a variety of Business Operations departments, as instructed by GM, and work with leaders of these departments to develop and implement staffing plans that provide for efficient and effective department operations.
• Work with GM to establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with the Kroc Administrator, and others, including staff members as appropriate, to improve outcomes and streamline operations.
• Work with GM and HR to establish and promote ongoing staff training programs for Business Operations associates. As part of such training, be an active part of regular, consistent emergency preparedness across all areas of the center.
• In conjunction with GM and center leadership, play an active role in developing, implementing, and evaluating marketing strategies to achieve projected membership volume and growth of all Kroc service departments.
• College degree in operations management, business or related field, Master’s Degree in business related field is preferred.
• At least 3 years of general business and facility operations management experience, with responsibility for profit/loss, financial and human capital in the service sector, preferably in the area of wellness and fitness center management.
• Previous experience with vendor contract proposals, including negotiation of such proposals.
• As a Mandated Reporter, must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every five (5) years thereafter.
• Meets the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record Check.
• Must understand and appreciate the mission of The Salvation Army.
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
Contact: Please send or fax your resume along with a cover letter with salary expectation to:
The Salvation Army Kroc Center, Human Resources Department
4200 Wissahickon Ave., Philadelphia, PA, 19129
Fax: (215) 558-1499
To apply for this position, go to: Business Director (icims.com)
No phone calls please.
Released by the Kroc Center Human Resources Department 8/7/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.